I followed the steps to configure the features on IIS 7.0 but encountered an error when I tried to enable ASP.NET from the "Turns Windows features on and off" list. The installation failed with the following message:
"An error has occurred. Not all of the features were successfully changed."
I then found this KB article: Error message when you try to install the ASP.NET feature in IIS 7.0: "An error has occurred".
My machine isn't upgraded from XP and I didn't install any beta versions of .NET or Visual Studio on it. My machine has .NET 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 on it though. After several tries, I still get the error.
I went on to try the following but still couldn't solve the issue:
- Uninstalling and re-installing IIS 7.0
- Running aspnet_regiis -i (this will fail with an error)
- Uninstalling .NET Framework 1.1
I remember enabling WAS to try out some WCF stuff last time. So, I
- disabled the WCF HTTP Activation
- disabled the WCF non-HTTP Activation
- uninstalled WAS
- uninstall and reinstalled IIS 7.0 with all the earlier instructions of enabling IIS 6 compatibility for SQL Server Reporting Services
There you go, a day's adventure, a day's learning. Thanks Bernard.